Saint Johns, FL
Westminster Woods has an immediate need for a full-time Dishwasher.
We offer a positive and caring work environment, plus competitive pay and excellent benefits, including health insurance and a retirement plan.
As a Dishwasher you will perform a variety of duties, including pot and pan washing, dish washing, trash removal, deep cleaning of surfaces and equipment, use of chemicals, recycling and food transportation.
• High school diploma or equivalent desirable or eligibility to attain equivalent (students working toward a high school diploma are eligible for this position).
• 6 months+ experience in a high-volume dining environment.
• Must have an understanding of basic sanitation practices, including use of cleaning chemicals and personal protective equipment.
• Must be able to withstand exposure to blood-borne and respiratory pathogens.
• Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress of this position.
• Florida SafeStaff certification required or ability to obtain certification within 90 days of date of hire.
• Comply with all applicable rules, policies, standards and guidelines related to employment with Westminster Communities.
• Maintain cleanliness of all dishes, glassware, flatware and cooking pots & pans. Assist cooks with pot washing.
• Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of all kitchen stations and surfaces including trash removal.
• Maintain temperature and sanitation logs to comply with established standards, procedures, guidelines and regulations.
• Restock shelves for meal service of all wares.
• Assist with stocking shelves at the inventory room and assist with unloading delivery trucks as needed.
• Assist with other kitchen duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• Ability to read, write and speak the English language and understand and follow written and oral directions.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Westminster Communities of Florida is a national leader in senior living and dedicated to a Mission and ministry of service to older adults. We provide senior living communities offering an active lifestyle and excellent care to our residents.
Founded in 1954, Westminster Communities of Florida is a faith-based, fiscally strong, not-for-profit organization serving more than 7,000 residents throughout Florida. Our communities offer independent living, assisted living, nursing care, home care, pharmacy services, affordable housing for low-income seniors and more.
We are also a family of 2,700 team members who Work With Excellence, Serve With Heart. Our team members represent every faith, race, ethnicity and creed, all united in service to our Mission.
EOE, DFWP – “We honor those who have served.”